Before you even get your website online, it’s important to have a solid digital marketing strategy to get relevant traffic.
Web owners must take a proactive approach in generating leads. Now is the perfect time to leverage your website as the powerful marketing tool that it is. Don’t let your investment go to waste!
Let’s explore some web statistics:
- There are over 1.6 billion websites online.*
- Most websites get almost no traffic at all.
- It can take Google up to 4 weeks to recognize that you’ve even published a site.
- Websites without blogs or regularly updated content, rank lower in search results.
- The lower you present in search results, the less organic traffic you’ll get.
- Unsecure websites (sites without https://) aren’t favored by search engines.
- Slow websites, or sites that are heavy with large files, can take longer to load and make search engines and users unhappy.
- Users input a wide range of keywords in search, some of which may not be in your site content.
- If no one knows you have a site, no one will know you’re there.
Competing for traffic in today’s digital landscape can be challenging. Here are 10 simple tips to increase web traffic:
- Have your website updated or redesigned by a qualified web developer who specializes in SEO.
- Make sure you have a proper sitemap setup and that you are using Google Marketing tools.
- Keep content up to date and easy to read, target your audience with information they find useful and relevant.
- If you have a highly specialized product or service, include keywords in your web copy that relate to your industry. For example, if you are a startup or have patented a new invention, use keywords that solve your customer’s needs.
- Research the content your competitors include on their website and blogs to discover industry trends.
- Make use of free online business directories, such as Google My Business.
- Update your site’s security and/or hosting provider to speed up your site and create a better user experience.
- Make sure all images are optimized and properly resized.
- Develop an SEO strategy that enhances both onsite and offsite content to drive traffic to your site.
- Take advantage of social media to share your content online.
To explore these tips and more, reach out to KNDS so we can come up with a digital marketing strategy that best suits your individualized needs.